.
.

.
.


.
Wedding Date   August 9th, 2008
.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Our Engagement Day

Geoff: Overall Narrator, black text
Aga: Random comments, blue text

Saturday Feb 16th was our 3 year anniversary of meeting each other. That morning Aga slept in then called me up when she was awake. I went over to her apartment and made omelets for us (yum!!). We went to mass and Father Tom was the priest there(he's the priest we want to marry us). For his homily he spoke about marriage and the transformation that a bride has during her wedding day (it couldn't have been any more perfect of an experience to lead up to that night). Unfortunately, Father Tom will be out of the country on our wedding day (Aug 9th, BTW!!!!) so he will not be able to "marry" us.
Then we went to Signal Hill and walked around. I presented earrings to her as a anniversary gift, this was also a way to throw her off a bit before I actually proposed (it worked - he had me fooled) . They are made with her birthstone, peridot. I gave her a necklace 2 years before on our first anniversary and it has one peridot gem and 3 diamonds. So the earrings would match the necklace which would match the diamond engagement ring I would use (so clever!).
Then we went out to dinner at our favorite restaurant Cafe la Strada on 2nd street. After dinner we walked to the beach with a little bit of persuading by myself. Aga said she was a little tired but I convinced her that it would be fun (glad I was convinced!). We walked across the parking lot and through the sand until we were about 20 feet from the waves. There wasn't anyone else around which gave me a little more confidence, knowing that we would be alone. When Aga was hugging me she felt the envelope (ah-ha!) and letter that was holding the ring (perfect timing for me). I told her that I had another present for her and opened the letter. I had written out a list of pre-wedding vows which I read to her (I was still trying to figure out what he was up to, but my heart was pounding). Then I knelt down (!!!!) and showed her the ring and asked if she would marry me, and she said yes. This was after I started to cry! I actually had to remind myself to say something (it was "yes", once I got it out) but I could barely talk. I just said yes and hugged him for a long time, grinning and wiping my eyes. Good proposal! And the ring is amazing - it's a suspension ring, meaning that it is not held in place by the traditional prongs, instead it is held in place on two sides, inset into the band. It's flush with the band so it doesn't catch on anything, won't scratch anything, and looks very clean. I love it! (But love the groom more! Thanks Geoff!)

And that was our engagement story :)

1 comment:

jeffwithajee said...

Anyone can comment here if they want to!

Engagement Pics..and the winner is...

Engagement Pics..and the winner is...
#1 - 4th place

#2 - 2nd place!

#3 - WINNER!!!!!

#4 - 3rd place

Which picture is your favorite? (Winner will be used for save the date cards)